Central Florida’s Leading Tile Roofing Company
The Top-Rated Roofing Company in Central Florida
- Veteran-Owned and Operated
- Lifetime Member of Central Florida Realty Investors
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
Orlando’s Reputable Tile Roofing Contractor
Tile roofs are considered cool roofs, which makes them a top roofing option to withstand Orlando’s heat and humidity. Made from either clay or concrete, tile roofs also offer a beauty that is hard to replicate.
Red Rhino Roofing is an Orlando roofer that has over 19 years of experience installing different types of roofs, including tile! While tile roofs are common throughout Central Florida, their installation requires precision and attention to detail, so it’s important to partner up with a roofer who can back up their work with referrals and positive reviews.
Call us today at (321) 945-2500 to schedule your free tile roof consultation. Our team will be here to help answer your questions and guide you every step of the way! We also specialize in asphalt shingle roofs, metal roofing, tile roofing, and slate roofing.
Types of Tile Roofs We Install
There are different types of tile roofs to consider. Our team of experts would be happy to go over the pros and cons of each for your next roofing project. We want to help you find the best tile roofing options for your needs and budget.
Tile roofs have traditionally been made out of clay for over a thousand years. Both half-round and flat styles add a sense of elegance to any building, commercial or residential. They rarely leak and withstand hurricane-force winds, hail, and sometimes fire. They’re also an eco-friendly solution as they can be recycled when removed.
Concrete tiles are made of a tinted cement mix and are an excellent alternative to more expensive clay roofing tiles. Given their versatility, you can get them in the color of your choice. Cast to be fire-resistant, resilient to extreme cold, hurricane-proof, and even able to survive an earthquake, they are as much durable as they are beautiful.
Synthetic tiles are an exceptional material for roofing and can last longer than other traditional roofing options. Many synthetic tiles are lighter than traditional clay tiles, meaning there’s no need for any additional structural support. Unless you’re standing on the roof, you’ll never be able to tell the difference between synthetic and natural clay.
The Pros and Cons of Tile Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons. It’s best to know what to expect.
Pros of Tile Roofs
- Reliable: Tile roofs have been around for thousands of years and we know they can endure over 50 years atop your home when properly installed and maintained.
- Durable: With a tile roof, you can rest easy knowing that it is resistant to even the harshest of climates.
- Low-maintenance: Tile roofs are so durable that they require little maintenance. Just make sure to get it annually inspected and cleaned and you are pretty much set!
Cons of Tile Roofs
- Heavy: Clay and concrete tiles are very heavy and will require machinery just to get the materials onto your roof. This also means that your home will have to be adequately reinforced before the tiles go up so that it doesn’t buckle under the weight.
- Expensive: Tile roofing can easily cost double that of asphalt, especially clay and concrete. That’s materials alone, installation will not be cheap either.
- Difficult installation: An experienced crew, special equipment, and heavy machinery are all needed to install a tile roof. The sheer weight and the fact that you need to hang every tile does not make installation easy.
Tile Roof FAQs
What types of tile roofs are there in Orlando?
Clay, concrete, and synthetic are your primary types of tile used for roofing. They can come in many different colors and styles and our team will help you choose the right one for your home and budget!
How many years should a tile roof last?
Clay and concrete can easily last over 50 years, some up to 100 years! Synthetic tile has closer to a 40-year lifespan.
Are tile roofs hard to install?
The short answer is yes, compared to other roofing types, tile requires more attention to detail and precision. If they are not properly aligned, your roof will be prone to water leaks and you will need a replacement sooner than later. Make sure to find a roofer who has the experience to install your tile roof, like Red Rhino Roofing!
Ready for a new roof? You can trust that we’ll take the time to listen to your needs and make honest recommendations that will be the most beneficial to your residential or commercial property. Give us a call today to discuss your tile roof options!
Hire a Roofing Company You Can Trust
By partnering up with Red Rhino Roofing, you are guaranteed a highly professional staff, competitive pricing, and a fantastic roofing job. We want you to feel excited and proud of the roof over your head. Call us for your roof evaluation today and experience the Red Rhino Difference.